Imagine, that 40% of people find their second relocation more stressful than the first. But it doesn’t have to be like that! We prepared a checklist for you which will make your moving in Chicago easier.
- To make sure that your relocation is flawless, you need to contact your moving company one or two months in advance. This will help to organize well and plan the budget more precisely.
- Preparing for a relocation includes the whole list of supplies like tape, markers and boxes. Make sure you have enough for everything you will move to a new place.
- Moving is an opportunity to check how much you actually don’t use. Because when the question is “To move or not to move?” the answer is coming easier. It may cut your relocation budget if you decide to give away some belongings.
- Making an inventory list of everything you own and decide to move is a crucial point. This way you will be able easily to check what’s left to pack or find out if you took something when you need it at your arrival.
- Approximately a month in advance you can start packing. Consider first hardly ever used things and pack them at the same time. What might be useful is marking your belongings with a color for each room, especially when you are a family with kids.
- A couple of weeks in advance it makes sense to change your address officially and notify the companies you receive mails from regularly.
- Inform your manager about how much time off you will need for your move so you won’t have to worry about work when you need to be concentrated on the relocation.
When the above is ready, you may check again with the moving company details and additional services you need, like packing. Chicago Long Distance Movers is a team of experts who are trained and experienced for moving and packing service with a proven reputation.